Unlike our competitors using i) animal-derived or ii) synthetic compounds that only mimic the natural human protein, we offer an alternative and patentable plant-based technology to produce functional copies of the human protein for replacement therapy.
AzarGen has identified a commercially viable need for the production of a candidate therapeutic protein of which different animal and/or synthetic preparations are currently being used for replacement therapy in clinical trials worldwide.
Drawbacks associated with the current preparations include: i) low or no clinical efficacy, ii) limited product supply, iii) health risk of especially animal-derived products, iv) high cost of product development. The need is obvious and AzarGen has the technology with clear advantages to address this need and develop a complex human-based protein for specific replacement therapies of which the estimated global market forecast is approximately $2 billion annually.
Biotech and pharmaceutical companies who:
- want to be market leaders, developing and marketing “blockbuster” drugs for specific diseases.
- want large (specific and/or diversified) drug pipelines.
- are dissatisfied with the supply limits, partial activity, high production cost, safety concerns and high cost of therapy using synthetic, animal and/or bacterial-derived pharmaceutical compounds.
- need to ensure access to future drugs and/or development platforms through i) external product development, ii) royalty/licensing agreements, iii) alliances with or iv) buying out smaller biotech firms.
- Telephone: +27 83 589 5707